Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Four Months Old

My sweet boy is 4 months old!  It was this time last year when I found out I was pregnant and now he's here and bring so much joy to our lives.  He is a lot more active this month and it's been fun watching him change each and every day.


Stats: 
Weight = 14lbs and 12 oz  in the 50th percentile (6 lbs 2 oz at birth)
Height  = 24 inches and is between the 25th-50th percentile (19 1/2 at birth)
Head     = 41 cm and is the 25th percentile (31 cm at birth)


Loves: Sitting up and standing up (with help), sucking on his hands, rocking in the rocking chair, seeing new people, singing songs with Mommy, listening to Daddy play the guitar, and his paci (of course).


Hates: Being patient, being confined in any way, the sun in his eyes, being made to burp during a feeding, and being ignored when he wants to play.


Eating: He is eating 5 oz every 3-3.5 hours.  Throughout this month there were times when he only would take 2 oz and then at other times he wanted 7 oz.  We always start with the 5 oz and give more if we see that he is still hungry.  He seems very happy and healthy.  When we weighed him on our home scale he weighted 15 lbs.  Tomorrow we go to the doctor so I will see how right we are.


Sleeping:  He is sleeping from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. which is great.  He doesn't have any trouble going to sleep at night.  I just swaddle his arms up and kiss him goodnight and he goes right to sleep.  Naps were ROUGH this month.  He is so aware of everything around him that he has a hard time getting to sleep.  He fights sleep like a champ.  He will only nap in my arms or in the swing. 

Clothes:  He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and is wearing a size 2 diaper.  

Firsts: got a cold virus, gained more head control and pulls himself up to the sitting position with very little help, started playing with toys while he is on his tummy, laughs and smiles at everything, puts his hands together and chews on them all the time, met a lot of the Ingram family at Uncle Jimmy's birthday party.

This Months Happenings:  Josh had another business trip and went to Connecticut.  Grant and I made a trip to Selma to stay with my parents.  On the day we left, he came down with a bad sounding cough.  The next day it sounded worse so my mom rode back to Trussville with me to take him to the doctor.  The doctor said he had a red throat but it wasn't strep so she said it was a virus that would just have to run it's course.  We gave him Tylenol and ran the humidifier for weeks and he finally got better.  We took Grant to Millbrook to my Uncle Jimmy's birthday party.  None of my aunts and uncles had ever gotten to see him so it was wonderful for them all to be able to see him there.  Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Beverly, Chris, Amanda, Avery Grace, Amanda, Brian, Braxton, Mason, Cullen, mom, dad, Uncle Ferma, Aunt Joan, Uncle Bob, Aunt Mary, Aunt Blanche, and Uncle Choc were at the party.  Grant was an angel while we were there.  They passed him around from person to person and he didn't cry one tear the whole trip.  He loved looking around at all the people.  He was so tired that Josh just cradled him and he fell right to sleep. I enjoyed the day so much and I'm glad we made the trip.

Fun Facts:


*Grant wants everything to go in his mouth.  He gets so frustrated when he can't get my arm or a toy in there.  The funny thing is that when he does put something in his mouth he makes the funniest face like it tastes horrible. 


*He is fascinated by the TV.  If it's on you can't get him to stop watching it.  He will turn his head every which a way to see it.

*If we pat his arms or legs really fast he will laugh out loud.  People think we are crazy doing all the things we do to make him laugh.



*When I sing songs with Grant he opens his mouth like he wants to sing along.


*When he starts crying and making sounds I swear it sounds like he is saying momma.


*We got him a Bumbo seat and he sat up in it great but after 5 minutes he would get mad and arch his back to get out of it.  I was scared that he would flip backwards.  I took it back and got him an Exersaucer.  He likes it but gets really mad because he can't get the toys in his mouth yet.


*He mainly "talks" when he is fussy.  I told the doctor that he never seems to coo happily and Dr. Barron said it may just be his disposition.  Haha!  I knew I had a grump on my hands.  Guess he takes after his mom and dad.


Here are some photos from this month:

Having a little chat with Granddaddy!

Snoozing away
He fills up the whole bouncy seat now.
Enjoying his new toys.
He loves my pillow.  He was playing with it and Josh told me to look at him and this is what I saw.  Too funny!
  He loves balls!
 Wanna see my face???
He didn't know what to think of the Bumbo seat.
  Hey!  Are you trying to escape?
My shirt says it all!
 Laughing with Mom
 Mom cut me with the clippers!!!
  Look!  I can finally bring my hands together.
Checking it all out
The person who brings the fun...Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment