Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Two months

My baby boy is two months old!  He is growing like a weed and developing right before our eyes.  I'm amazed at how much he has changed since he was born.  He brings us such joy and I am so thankful that God allowed us to be parents to this sweet fella!



Here is a peek at how much he has grown this month:




Stats:   
Weight:  11bs 5 oz and is in the 50% percentile (6 lbs and 2 oz at birth)
Height:   22 3/4 inches and is in the 50%percentile ( 19 1/2 at birth)
Head:       15 1/4 and is in the 50% percentile ( 12 1/4 at birth)


Loves: His paci, swinging, being rocked, playing with his Daddy, Zebra toy, and his changing table.


Eating: Eats every 3 hours and is drinking 4 oz.  He is still getting pumped breast milk but next week he will start on formula since pumping is wearing me down.  I want to be able to enjoy my time with him instead of having to pump and wash supplies all day.  If I could have breastfed him it would have been different and I would have done it for much longer.  Pumping is exhausting and it's not something I could do for six months so I've decided that when I was ready to quit I would.

Sleeping: Grant is still waking up every three hours at night.  He takes good naps during the day and doesn't have any trouble falling asleep when we lay him down at night.  He sleeps with us and seems to love being close to us.

Clothes: Newborn and some 0-3 month outfits.  He is wearing size one diapers.

Firsts:  Spent the night at his grandparents (with me), strolling in the neighborhood, cooing, looking from side to side, smiling, shopping trips, rolled over, AL National Championship game, and a visit from his Granny.


Fun Facts:
*When Dr. Barron was checking Grant's head control he was talking about how rolling over was a 4 month milestone and Grant rolled over right then!  Dr. Barron said we need to call Nick Saban.


*Grant has been cooing a lot.  On Josh's birthday I was talking to Grant and telling him that Daddy is old.  I really stressed the ooo part of the sound in old.  I made the noise a bunch of times and Grant did it too.  Later that night I was changing him and doing it again while Josh was in there and I said "Grant, what is Daddy?  He's ooooold."  I said it again and Grant said ooold.  It was the cutest thing.  Josh was so shocked and asked me how I got him to say that.  I got lucky!


*We decked Grant out in all the Alabama stuff that he had for the National Championship game.  He looked adorable.  He slept through the whole game so we had to silently cheer to celebrate.  We believe that he was our good luck charm.


*It's been a great month and we are truly blessed!





No comments:

Post a Comment