Sunday, April 29, 2012

5 Months


Grant is five months old!  The time is just flying by.  I'm trying to find a way to slow down time.  He's developing a personality and is very strong minded about what he wants.

               

               


Loves:  Sitting up by himself, standing over his toys (with help), chewing on everything in sight, being read to, visiting with relatives, and being tickled.

Hates:  Being left alone, mommy leaving the room, laying down, waiting to eat, and being cradled in my arms.

Eating:  He is eating 6 oz every 3-4 hours.  He usually eats 5 bottles a day.  We started him on rice cereal on April 15th.  The first day he ate it all but the second day he hated it and wouldn't eat it.  I continued to make him eat it each day and some days he likes it and some days he doesn't but he finishes it anyway.  I've only been feeding him cereal once a day but now I'm gonna start feeding him twice a day and then we will try some fruits and vegetables.  I really didn't want to feed him solids until he was 6 months but the doctor let me know that he was gaining weight at a reasonable rate so it calmed my fears about him gaining weight too fast.

Sleeping:  His sleeping habits haven't changed and I'm still happy that he will fall asleep so easily at night.  Naps were also easier this month since I started having him nap in my bed.  I guess since it's a familiar place to him he falls right to sleep there.  I play some music for him during his naps.  Occasionally I've been know to nap when he does.  Haha!

Clothes: He is wearing 3-6 month and 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.

Firsts:  He can sit up by himself, he started rolling over from front to back again, he can move a toy from hand to hand, he stayed with his grandparents for the day while Mommy and Daddy went to Faunsdale to eat some crawfish, and he met some family members for the first time.  He also celebrated his first Easter this month.  He got an Easter basket with sunglasses, a sunhat, swimsuit, swim shirt, Sophie teether, new pacis and paci clips, and some chocolate goodies (for Mom and Dad of course).  He loved looking at the basket and wanted to tear into the chocolate bunny.



This Months Happenings:  We went to Selma for the weekend and Grant stayed with his grandparents for the whole day.  I missed him so much but it was fun to get out and enjoy some time with Josh.  We went to Faunsdale and ate some crawfish and then visited with his mom.  Michael and Melissa flew in from California at the end of April and we went to Mobile to visit with them.  It was a long trip and Grant slept most of the way down there.  He loved being passed around from person to person.  We ate more crawfish and enjoyed family time together.  The ride back home wasn't as pleasant be he was so good while we were there.  He really enjoyed playing with Kaylee and watching the dogs chase each other.

Fun Facts:

*Grant is the most loving baby!  He loves to be touched and has started rubbing my face when he is trying to go to sleep.  He also loves to have his hands rubbed.

*This month he started rolling over from front to back again.  He did this early on but then stopped doing it.

*He loves to be tickled and has the cutest laugh.

*He's started making random sounds and will do it over and over for a few days and then he's on to a new sound.  He still isn't making a whole lot of sounds other than mmmmm!  I'm so ready for him to start babbling.

*I think that he's gonna be a good eater.  Some days he make the funniest faces when he has to eat the rice cereal but he eats it anyways.

*Grant has started crying every time I cradle him now.  It breaks my heart!  Josh used to fuss and fuss because Grant wanted to be held all day but I told him there will come a day when he won't let us hold him all the time.  I was right!  He's growing up and has so much that he wants to see that he doesn't want to be held down.

Here are some photos from this month:

I love my new highchair!
See how good I can sit up by myself!
 I'm too cool for yall!
Mr. Blue Eyes
Learning to balance AND play with my ball
 This is how I like to spend my trip to Mobile.
 I loved playing with Michael and Melissa.
What did you call me?



No comments:

Post a Comment