Monday, August 8, 2011

24 Weeks and Counting

Today:  24 Weeks

Baby Size: According to my sources the baby is the size of an ear of corn.  He should weigh about 1 1/2 pounds and is 11.5 inches from crown to toe.



Weight Gain: At my 22 week appointment I was +10 pounds.  I'm sure I've gained several more since then.

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing all maternity bottoms at this point.  I have a couple of blue jean capri pants that are my favorite.  They aren't that attractive but they sure feel GREAT!  I mostly wear maternity tops but occasionally I'll wear a regular t-shirt.  They are getting a little tight in the belly area though.

Sleep: I am finally sleeping pretty good and I'm getting an average of 8-9 hours a night.  I do get up at least 4 times to go to the restroom but I'm able to go right back to sleep.  The worst thing is the nights when I get restless legs and I'm unable to sleep.  I have to get up and stretch or take some Tylenol.  Those are very frustrating nights but they only happen a couple of times a week.

Symptoms: I'm feeling great for the most part.  I have recently started having heartburn at night but a few Tums does the trip.  At 26 weeks I have to go and take the glucose test so I'm a little anxious about how much sugar I am eating.

Movement:  My little fella is moving a bunch.  He kicks really low right now.  He was so active last week and then the last three days he wasn't as active so I was on pins and needles.  I guess he went through some sleepy days or he was turned where it was harder for me to feel him.  He's active again today though.  I can't wait for the day when Josh can feel him kick.  I've been able to see him kick a couple of times but Josh doesn't seem to have the patience to sit and wait on him to kick.  Josh will put his hand there and as soon as he moves it the baby will kick.  He kicks more when I'm not touching him and seems to stop when I put my hand on my stomach.

Best Moments this Week: Feeling the baby kick so much helps me to know that he is growing and getting stronger.  Also, Josh walked up behind me while I was fixing my hair and put his hands on my stomach and lifted it a little.  He said, "Wow, there is a mass in there."  It made me laugh so hard.  He's starting to feel the realness of it all.  We had a date night last week and had a heart to heart about things that scared us in regards to having this baby.  It was good to get it out and be able to reassure each other.

Food Cravings: Sweets!  We have indulged in some York Peppermint Patties and boy were they delicious. I'm fighting off the daily cravings for sweets cause I know that the glucose test is just around the corner. I also am loving cereal and I still love lots and lots of fruit.


What I Miss: Getting up and down with no problem.  I also really miss having a drink when we get together with friends.  We have a big get together this weekend and I know the jealousy will set in when they are all indulging while I drink my water.  I miss sleeping on my back and my stomach and being able to eat deli meat.

Looking Forward To: I'm looking forward to registering and getting started on the nursery.  We visited our friends this past weekend and they are weeks away from the arrival of their baby girl.  They showed us all the baby items and talked about the fun of putting it all together.  Made me realize that we need to get started cause Josh HATES putting things together.  I don't mind it as much and I figure it would be best to do it while I am still able to bend and move freely.  I'm also looking forward to naming my little fella.  My dad calls him Peanut but I feel bad that we haven't picked out his name yet.  We are getting closer though!  And one more thing that I'm looking forward to....Football Season!  ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment