Saturday, February 5, 2011

Meet the Teacher

I'm joining the linky party at The First Grade Parade.  It just happens to be my FAVORITE blog!


A little bit about me... I graduated from Troy University with a degree in Human Resource Management.  After working a couple of years in the business field it didn't take me long to realize that I had not followed my dream.  I went back to college and got my degree in Early Childhood Education and I'm so glad I did.  My first three years were 1st grade, then three years in kindergarten, and then two years in second.  My last three years have been back in the 1st grade.  I've enjoyed all the grades but my favorite, by far, is 2nd.  Maybe one day I will have the opportunity to teach 2nd grade again.  So for now, I'm enjoying my sweet 1st graders.


I'm a newlywed, I got married in June.  My husband keeps me laughing and helps me to let go and have fun.  We LOVE watching Alabama football and attending concerts together.  We are working on having a family of our own and we can't wait to be parents.



Now for the Q & A

Q: What would you be doing if you weren’t a teacher?                                              
A:  If I wasn't a teacher I would want to be a stay at home mom.  I really couldn't imagine a job where I wasn't working with children. They make me feel young again.

Q: What are your hobbies?                                                                                    
A:  Blogstalking, reading, and playing games. I'm hoping to add blogging to this list really soon!                                                              

Q: When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?                      
A:  I always wanted to be a teacher.  I had my own little chalkboard and books and enjoyed telling all my friends what to do! :)  When I got to college I decided to go into the business field so I could make lots of money.  Little did I know that happiness with your career is worth a lot more than money.  
    
Q: What are your guilty pleasures?                                                                   
 A: Dr. Pepper, chocolate, and reality TV.  I am seriously addicted to all reality shows.  My DVR is full with Jersey Shore, Biggest Loser, Teen Mom, and The Bachelor!

Q: What is your biggest fear?!                                                                        
 A: Losing my mother has been a fear of mine all my life.  She's my rock and I'm so happy to have had so many special years with her.  Lately, while trying to get pregnant, I've had an overwhelming fear that I may never become a mother.  I hope to be able to give my child as much love as my mother has given me. 

Q: When you’re on vacation, where do you like to go?                                    
 A: I love to go to the beach!  
                                                          
Q: What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?                                                    
A:  The best advice I've ever received is to believe in yourself.  

Q: What do you value most in others?                                                                    
A:  Honesty 

Q: If you could choose one of your personality traits to pass down to your kids, what would it be?                                                                                                         
A: My playfulness...I love to laugh and have fun!

Q: If you could have lunch with anyone in the world….living or dead…who would it be?                                                                                                                
A: I'd love to be able to sit down with Debbie Miller and pick her brain.  But deep down my heart is screaming...JOHN MAYER!

Now tell us one random thing about yourself:
 I love watching my husband play Black Ops on his Xbox.  I guess it's the gamer inside of me.  

Now it’s time for YOU to join the party!!!!  Here’s what you need to do:  Write a post titled “Meet The Teacher”.  Start with a brief “biography” and then copy & paste the Q&A {using your answers, of course!}  Copy the web address of your “Meet the Teacher” post and come back here & link up!  It would be GREAT if you could visit at least 3 other teachers…get to know a little bit about your fellow bloggers…and leave a comment!!!! Don't forget to grab a button when you link up!                        


The First Grade Parade

No comments:

Post a Comment