Monday, January 9, 2012

Four Weeks Old

December 20th-26th




Loves:  Loves looking at the ceiling fan, snuggling with Mommy, his paci, getting his face washed, and being held and talked to.

Eating:  Grant is eating 3.5 oz at every feeding.  He is still getting pumped breast milk and he's growing like a weed.  His face is really filling out.  I love his little cry that he makes when he is wanting to be fed.  Maaaa!  When the nipple gets near his  mouth he jumps on it.  I love watching him eat and him enjoying it so much.

Sleeping:  I was hoping that by this point he would be sleeping more but he's still sleeping a couple hours at a time.  I'm so ready for him to sleep a little longer.  He will sleep really well in his bassinet throughout the day but at night he fusses a good bit.  I have been putting him in the guest bed beside me to fall asleep.  He is very content laying beside me and falls asleep a lot faster.  He moves his arms a lot while he's sleeping and sometimes his arms wake him up.  He still will not allow us to swaddle his arms down.  He wants those hands to be free.  He's getting too crowded in the bassinet because when he moves his arms he hits the sides and wakes himself up.    

This Weeks Happenings:  This week we stayed at home the whole week.  One day I took him out by myself to the post office, bank, and Chick-fil-a but all we did was go through the drive-thru.  I've been putting him on his tummy for tummy time and he is getting good at holding his head up.  For Christmas we made cupcakes and watched Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story.  On Christmas day we went to Steve's for lunch.  This was a pretty low key Christmas and I know that next year will be a lot more fun when he's older.



  

Clothes:  Newborn clothes...he's filling them up a lot better.

Firsts:  First big bath in the whale tub, first Christmas, and umbilical cord came off.




Fun Facts:  


*When he sneezes he does it three to five times in a row
*He has become a lot more alert. He now looks  at you when you talk to him and is checking out things in the room.
*He will stop sucking his paci when you talk to him so he can hear you better.
*He knocks his paci out of his mouth when flailing his arms.
*When he passes gas it sounds like a grown man.  He has had a lot more gas this week and we have started giving him gripe water which seems to be helping.
*He has had a bad case of baby acne.  His face looks like a 14 year old teenage boy.  It breaks my heart every time I look at him.  It started the weekend of the 17th and it was horrible by Christmas.  I was embarrassed to take him out to visit my family.
*Mommy is finally figuring out his cries.  
*Josh has been staying up late so I can go to bed early.  This extra sleep has really helped my emotional well-being.
*Grandmother sent Grant money for a baby swing so I ordered one and it's on it's way.  I sure hope he likes it more than his bouncy seat.
*Suzanne came by for a visit this week.  She stopped in and brought me lunch and stayed for a couple of hours.  It's always nice having a mommy to ask questions and get advice.
*This week he has had several nights and days when he hardly slept at all. I was thinking he may be going through a growth spurt.


                                Here are some extra pictures from the past week!

See how bad my acne is?

Proof that we can sleep anywhere...including the floor! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment