Friday, December 9, 2011

Week 39

Today: 39 Weeks

Baby Size: According to my sources the baby is the size of a watermelon. He should weigh about 7 lbs  and is 20  inches from crown to toe.



Weight Gain: At my 39 week appointment I was +25 pounds. 

Maternity Clothes:  Yes!  My tops seems to be getting shorter since they are having so much of my watermelon belly to cover.

Sleep: Still sleeping about 8-9 hours a night but I wake up a lot throughout the night.  

Symptoms:  Cramps, heartburn, restless legs, pelvic pain, back pain, and tendinitis in my wrist.

Movement: He hasn't been moving as much this week.  I've been a little worried and stressed out about it and I brought it up to the doctor at my doctor's visit.  He ordered a bio physical profile and Grant was sleeping most of the time.  The doctor wasn't satisfied so he sent me straight over to the hospital to have him monitored for a couple of hours.  I hadn't eating all day and was starving and you could tell that it was affecting the baby as well.  After watching the monitor for hours they said he was doing fine and that I needed to go get something to eat.

Best Moments this Week:  When I went to the doctor's office I was one centimeter dilated.  Dr. Sharp decided that I would go into the hospital on Sunday night and get a Cytotec induction.  He said that he hoped it would thin out my cervix.  He said that if it didn't work then he would send me back home and he would check me again on Wednesday and induce on Thursday.  I'm really hoping that it works cause I would hate to have to go back home after getting my hopes up.

Food Cravings: Cakes and cupcakes

What I Miss: I miss my old body and feeling good.  I'm ready to have my body back!

Looking Forward To: I'm ecstatic about being induced on Sunday.  It has really kept me calm knowing that we are moving forward.  I so hope that I will be meeting Grant on Monday.  I'm looking forward to adding a member to our family but also a little sad that it won't just be the two of us anymore.  I have relished the time I've spent talking with Josh lately.  I want to cherish this time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment